Tuesday 5 March 2013

SOL: 5.3.13



Writing a slice of my life…Weather

Runny nose and sneezing!  This can’t be happening to me, right now.  Our summer is coming to an end and my heart is saddened.   I love the warmer sunny days.  Swimming in the lake with our grandson and watching hubby throwing sticks for his dogs to chase.  It really is hard to feel miserable when our summer has been fantastic.  But I have a cold.



My friend summer is packing up to leave.  Our early morning starts are darker and our evenings are shorter. 

It started with my voice being low and husky.  It never entered my mind that I had a cold coming on.  My energy levels are low and I feel more tired than I usually am. 

But as I reminisce about our beautiful summer I'm filled with warmth.  Christmas day was warm and relaxing swimming in my grandson’s swimming paddling pool.   

My nose is running like a tap.  I smother my face with moisturiser so my skin stays soft and subtle.  I do detest dry and scaly skin. 

As I ponder the changing of the seasons, I have to admit that I love the autumn colours of the leaves spread around our backyard.  A change of fashion from light and breezy to warm and comfy. 

I just wish I didn’t have a cold.



2 comments:

  1. I like the back and forth of good summer, bad cold. Hope your cold gets better soon. We are just finishing up winter here (hopefully). Snow again yesterday and for every day this week it appears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The misery of a cold comes through as you bid farewell to summer. Those of us in the Northern Hemisphere are happy to say good-bye to winter, hello spring!

    ReplyDelete