Thursday 15 March 2012

SOL: 16.3.12


My new learning this week is I that I created a Drop Box to save my photographs.  I wanted to write an instructional slice about creating a drop-box but my brain is dead so I wrote a poem using an online template.  Is that cheating?  I feel like it is but, but, but...   It's the freaking weekend.  Gonna have me some fun.  

I Am 
Dropbox

I am Drop Box 
I wonder if using a drop-box will be safe to store my personal photographs and documents
I hear Arrrh! As I realise that all my documents and files have been lost 
I see my grandson's face disappear...my school reports lost forever... 
I want a secretary or a personal assistant to come along and read the fine details and save my work for me and drop it into my drop-box
I am Drop Box

I pretend that I actually have a personal assistant who comes to school with me and does all my paper work and is an expert at using drop-box 
I feel bemused that I see all my files flying around in cyper-space and dropping all by themselves into nice neat filing cabinets 
I touch the filing cabinet handle and there they are my documents saved and in order 
I worry there are CIA agents and they rummaging through my personal files
I cry when the contents of my drop-box has been emptied
 
I am Drop Box

I understand technology is ever expanding and I cannot keep up 
I say no matter what happens I will attempt to keep an open mind to the changing realities of technology 
I dream of a time when a drop-box is replaced with another file saving device 
I try my best to stay up with technology but I am left behind 
I hope life would be simpler in the future but I think not 
I am Drop Box


6 comments:

  1. Your poem is beautifully crafted. I use a drop box for photos too. The personification you use for your drop box gives your writing a special voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I used an online template to write my poem. Cool...then using a drop-box must be okay.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed seeing how you added your personal flair and topic to the template. I hope that you had fun experimenting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I have had fun experimenting. So I did it again played with words.

      Delete
  3. Thank you I have had fun experimenting. So I did it again played with words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girlfriend - that's not cheating! Look at your beautiful poem. And I agree all teachers, really everyone, should have a secretary or personal assistant. Kind of not kidding.

    ReplyDelete