Tuesday 28 February 2012



Today I have a heavy heart.  I have 2 young adult children.  They still feel like my babies and love the need to be needed to be their mum and help them with their daily lives.  My heart is heavy because they are fighting.  I sometimes feel like a referee in a boxing fight.  I want to hear them both out and I want to understand both of them.  I sympathize with this one and feel like a traitor and then I sympathize with the other one and feel like a traitor.  My husband, well the arguing just doesn't affect him like me...  All the arguing just goes over his head.  I feel like I'm drowning sometimes with the bickering.  I know the only one that can help us is God.  I go to my trusty bible look for a scripture that will speak into their situation and to take the pressure I feel.  

My daughter is 22 and my son is 20.  They are both studying and living together away from home.  My husband and I live in a small town which is 2 hours away from my children (can I say children because they are 22 and 20).  At their age I was self-reliant and self-sufficient.  I took care of myself and it was sometimes lonely.  My heart's desire was to always be their for my children.  

What to do?  Financially they have to live together because they are both studying and my husband and I take care of their living expenses.  The answer has yet to come to me??

Our son is about 8 months here now 20
Our daughter is 2 here now 22

The God of peace be with you them. Amen.
May the God of hope fill them with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that they may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment